Swedish Health Services Environmental Services Technician - Edmonds Evening in Edmonds, Washington
$2,000 Sign-on Bonus for eligible external candidates who meet all conditions for payment - this is in addition to the fantastic benefits and compensation package offered by Swedish that begin on your first day of employment.
Swedish Medical Center is calling for an Environmental Services Technician (1.0 FTE, Evening Shift) to work in Edmonds at Swedish Medical Center in Edmonds, WA.
Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
At Swedish, we are passionate about healthcare for our caregivers. Full-time caregivers (0.75-1.0 FTE) who earn less than $60,000 per year will be offered the Swedish PPO Medical Plan with a $0 premium cost, including dependent coverage.
Check out what EVS Technicians do at Swedish Medical Center!
The job duties listed are essential functions of the position. However, other duties may be assigned, and may also be considered essential functions of the position.
The caregiver must be sufficiently fluent in the English language to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the position. The degree of fluency required will vary depending upon the nature of the position.
Caregivers are expected to honor the Mission, Values, Vision and Promise and adhere to the Code of Conduct, policies and standards of their organization.
For direct patient care roles: Performs and maintains currency of essential competencies as required by specific area of hire and populations served.
• Perform a variety of custodial tasks related to cleaning and refurbishing all public areas of the hospital including lobbies, meeting rooms, hallways and restrooms to ensure they are clean, sanitized and stocked with necessary supplies. Operate a variety of cleaning equipment and utilize a variety of cleaning supplies to perform housekeeping duties.
• Perform a variety of cleaning and housekeeping tasks related to cleaning and sanitizing patient rooms to ensure their continued cleanliness. Clean beds, mattresses, beside tables and closets after patient discharge to make beds available for future patients.
• Set up and take down meeting and conference rooms in accordance with plans and guidelines to ensure appropriate and timely setup of rooms.
• Collect and remove waste and soiled linens from work areas according to procedural guidelines and deliver to appropriate area of the hospital. Compact and crush boxes and operate shredder as required to prepare paper waste for disposal.
• Maintain and restock linen cupboards and carts to ensure adequate supply of linens and cleaning materials on each patient floor.
• Report on repairs needed in assigned area and enter discharges completed on bed lists at Nurses Stations to ensure timely and accurate reporting of information.
• Perform a variety of routine custodial duties such as cleaning and refilling sand urns, cleaning trash containers, custodial closets and equipment and raising and lowering the flags, etc. to ensure work is accomplished according to standards.
• Responds to beepers and pages to ensure smooth flow or work and quality service to patients, visitors, and hospital staff.
• Performs related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the department.
- Grade school education with on-the-job training
- Prior housekeeping experience
Our best-in-class benefits are uniquely designed to support you and your family in staying well, growing professionally and achieving financial security. We take care of you, so you can focus on delivering our mission of improving the health and wellbeing of each patient we serve.
About the Edmonds Campus.
Swedish Edmonds has been providing sound and thoughtful care for patients in the Greater Seattle area since 1964. We pride ourselves in employing only the most qualified and caring professionals. We are not simply a hospital or a workplace. We are a family. We are a community. Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of the community through local, high-quality and compassionate health care services. Swedish Edmonds is an innovative, regional health-care delivery network that provides more local services, while giving residents greater access to the latest medical treatments and the comprehensive services of the Swedish system.
The Swedish/Edmonds campus includes:
217 licensed beds
450 of the most qualified physicians and specialists on medical staff
1,400 staff including clinical and non-clinical personnel
Full scope of medical and surgical services, including Level IV Trauma emergency medicine, diagnostic, treatment and support services
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details — https://caregiver.ehr.com
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
Our Mission is to improve the health and well-being of each person we serve.
Our Vision is Health for a Better World.
Swedish is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); emergency rooms and specialty center in Redmond (East King County) and the Mill Creek area in Everett; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of more than 128 primary care and specialty care locations throughout the greater Puget Sound area. Swedish employs nearly 13,000 caregivers (all employees), including nearly 1,400 providers. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Environmental Services
Work Locations: Edmonds Main Bldg (WA151) 21601 76th Ave W Edmonds, 98026
Req ID: 364815