Swedish Health Services Environmental Services Technician - Issaquah Day Shift in Issaquah, Washington
$1,000 Sign-on Bonus for eligible external candidates who meet all conditions for payment - this is in addition to the fantastic benefits and compensation package offered by Swedish that begin on your first day of employment.
Swedish Medical Center is calling for an Environmental Services Technician (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) to work in Issaquah Hill at Swedish Medical Center in Issaquah, WA.
Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
At Swedish, we are passionate about healthcare for our caregivers. Full-time caregivers (0.75-1.0 FTE) who earn less than $60,000 per year will be offered the Swedish PPO Medical Plan with a $0 premium cost, including dependent coverage.
Check out what EVS Technicians do at Swedish Medical Center!
The job duties listed are essential functions of the position. However, other duties may be assigned, and may also be considered essential functions of the position.
The caregiver must be sufficiently fluent in the English language to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the position. The degree of fluency required will vary depending upon the nature of the position.
Caregivers are expected to honor the Mission, Values, Vision and Promise and adhere to the Code of Conduct, policies and standards of their organization.
For direct patient care roles: Performs and maintains currency of essential competencies as required by specific area of hire and populations served.
• Demonstrates consistent competency in basic core skills such as dusting, mopping, vacuuming, trash and linen removal.
• Cleans patient, staff, office and support areas following established infection control and cleaning procedures resulting in quality outcomes.
• Physical appearance of assigned area, following cleaning, is neat, organized and appropriate to the use of the room. (Office furniture, patient room furniture, proper placement of Critical Use Equipment, exam and waiting areas are neatly and correctly placed.).
• Demonstrates consistent competency in advanced skills necessary to maintain surgical and labor suites; including cleaning of Critical Use Equipment, dis-assembling, cleaning and reassembling of surgery tables, LDRP beds, Jacuzzi Tubs, giraffe and isolates.
• Operates assigned equipment, (floor machines, buffers, etc.) safely and reports problems or needed repairs quickly.
• Adheres to and demonstrates knowledge for all infection control policies and procedures required to maintain the patient care environment. This includes isolation practices and cleaning procedures that correspond to them.
• Disposes of all medical waste, (regulated, chemo, recyclables, regular) appropriately. Knowledgeable of regulatory requirements for correct waste segregation.
• Distributes and appropriately stocks all required supplies.
• Uses computer to update EPIC as primary tool for tracking individual progress of all work completed throughout the day.
• Works closely with other staff to obtain or provide routine information, to request supplies and schedule maintenance work. Uses telephone, radio, vocera or written orders as required.
• Ensures that non-medical items, including equipment, solutions, and supplies are stored according to established procedures. Cleans and maintains carts, equipment, soiled pads and storage areas.
• Complies with established department and hospital policies and procedures, including but not limited to safety, infection control, quality management and all regulatory requirements.
• Demonstrate proper ergonomics when moving equipment.
• Completes required annual education and all training as required before deadlines.
- One (1) year customer service experience
Coursework/Training: Vocational training and certification will be considered
One (1) year experience in housekeeping or janitorial/custodial work in a healthcare/long term care setting or hotel setting
Our best-in-class benefits are uniquely designed to support you and your family in staying well, growing professionally and achieving financial security. We take care of you, so you can focus on delivering our mission of improving the health and wellbeing of each patient we serve.
About the Issaquah Campus
With advances in technology, an environmentally friendly design and new hospital infrastructure, the campus is designed to be different.
The new campus provides a broad range of inpatient and outpatient medical services including oncology, cardiac care, obstetrics, pediatric specialty care, emergency services, primary care and a host of other medical and surgical services and specialists.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details — https://caregiver.ehr.com
At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of “Know me, care for me, ease my way.” Working at our family of organizations means that regardless of your role, we’ll walk alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can support others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers (all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and a full range of health and social services across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people, advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable.
About the Team
Swedish is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); emergency rooms and specialty centers in Redmond (East King County) and the Mill Creek area in Everett; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of more than 128 primary care and specialty care locations throughout the Puget Sound. Swedish, named a LinkedIn Top Company to grow your career, employs nearly 13,000 caregivers (all employees), including nearly 1,400 providers. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond.
We are committed to the principle that every workforce member has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination and harassment.
We are committed to cultural diversity and equal employment for all individuals. It is our policy to recruit, hire, promote, compensate, transfer, train, retain, terminate, and make all other employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin (including certain language use restrictions), ancestry, disability (mental and physical including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, age, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, and military and veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status. We will also provide reasonable accommodation to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified caregiver or applicant for employment, unless the accommodation would impose undue hardship on the operation of our business.
We are a community where all people, regardless of differences, are welcome, secure, and valued. We value respect, appreciation, collaboration, diversity, and a shared commitment to serving our communities. We expect that all workforce members in our community will act in ways which reflect a commitment to and accountability for, racial and social justice and equality in the workplace. As such, we will maintain a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on any applicable legally protected status. We also expect that all workforce members will maintain a positive workplace free from any unacceptable conduct which creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment.
Requsition ID: 115395
Company: Swedish Jobs
Job Category: Environmental Services
Job Function: Operations
Schedule: Full time
Career Track: Admin Support
Department: 3904 SIS ENVIRONMENTAL SVCS
Address: WA Issaquah 751 NE Blakely Dr
Swedish Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.