Swedish Health Services Environmental Services Technician - First Hill Evening Shift in Seattle, Washington
$2,000 Sign-on Bonus for eligible external candidates who meet all conditions for payment - this is in addition to the fantastic benefits and compensation package offered by Swedish that begin on your first day of employment.
Swedish Medical Center is calling for an Environmental Services Technician (1.0 FTE, Evening Shift) to work in First Hill at Swedish Medical Center in Seattle, WA.
Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
At Swedish, we are passionate about healthcare for our caregivers. Full-time caregivers (0.75-1.0 FTE) who earn less than $60,000 per year will be offered the Swedish PPO Medical Plan with a $0 premium cost, including dependent coverage.
Check out what EVS TECHS do at Swedish Medical Center!
The job duties listed are essential functions of the position. However, other duties may be assigned, and may also be considered essential functions of the position.
The caregiver must be sufficiently fluent in the English language to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the position. The degree of fluency required will vary depending upon the nature of the position.
Caregivers are expected to honor the Mission, Values, Vision and Promise and adhere to the Code of Conduct, policies and standards of their organization.
For direct patient care roles: Performs and maintains currency of essential competencies as required by specific area of hire and populations served.
• Demonstrates consistent competency in basic core skills such as dusting, mopping, vacuuming, trash and linen removal.
• Cleans patient, staff, office and support areas following established infection control and cleaning procedures resulting in quality outcomes.
• Physical appearance of assigned area, following cleaning, is neat, organized and appropriate to the use of the room. (Office furniture, patient room furniture, proper placement of Critical Use Equipment, exam and waiting areas are neatly and correctly placed.).
• Demonstrates consistent competency in advanced skills necessary to maintain surgical and labor suites; including cleaning of Critical Use Equipment, dis-assembling, cleaning and reassembling of surgery tables, LDRP beds, Jacuzzi Tubs, giraffe and isolates.
• Operates assigned equipment, (floor machines, buffers, etc.) safely and reports problems or needed repairs quickly.
• Adheres to and demonstrates knowledge for all infection control policies and procedures required to maintain the patient care environment. This includes isolation practices and cleaning procedures that correspond to them.
• Disposes of all medical waste, (regulated, chemo, recyclables, regular) appropriately. Knowledgeable of regulatory requirements for correct waste segregation.
• Distributes and appropriately stocks all required supplies.
• Uses computer to update EPIC as primary tool for tracking individual progress of all work completed throughout the day.
• Works closely with other staff to obtain or provide routine information, to request supplies and schedule maintenance work. Uses telephone, radio, vocera or written orders as required.
• Ensures that non-medical items, including equipment, solutions, and supplies are stored according to established procedures. Cleans and maintains carts, equipment, soiled pads and storage areas.
• Complies with established department and hospital policies and procedures, including but not limited to safety, infection control, quality management and all regulatory requirements.
• Demonstrate proper ergonomics when moving equipment.
• Completes required annual education and all training as required before deadlines.
- One (1) year customer service experience
Vocational training and certification will be considered
One (1) year experience in housekeeping or janitorial/custodial work in a healthcare/long term care setting or hotel setting
Our best-in-class benefits are uniquely designed to support you and your family in staying well, growing professionally and achieving financial security. We take care of you, so you can focus on delivering our mission of improving the health and wellbeing of each patient we serve.
About the First Hill Campus
The 697-bed tertiary-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health-care system. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive-care unit. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details — https://caregiver.ehr.com
At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of “Know me, care for me, ease my way.” Working at our family of organizations means that regardless of your role, we’ll walk alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can support others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers (all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and a full range of health and social services across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people, advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable.
Requsition ID: 114383
Company: Swedish Jobs
Job Category: Environmental Services
Job Function: Operations
Schedule: Full time
Career Track: Admin Support
Department: 3901 SFH ENVIRONMENTAL SVCS
Address: WA Seattle 747 Broadway
Swedish Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.