Swedish Health Services ***RN - Neuro Critical Care in Seattle, Washington
Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse (0.9 FTE, Night SHIFT) to work in the Neuro Critical Care Unit (NCCU) at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA.
$20,000 Hiring Bonus and relocation for eligible external candidates who meet all conditions for payment - this is in addition to the fantastic benefits and compensation package offered by Providence that begin on your first day of employment.
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan.
In this position you will:
• Employs Nursing Professional Practice: Assesses, identifies appropriate nursing diagnoses, plans, implements and evaluates patients’ care. Develops, updates and coordinates the patient’s plan of care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes and transitions across the care continuum. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate. Performs and maintains currency of essential competencies as required by specific area of hire and populations served.
• Advocates: Effectively advocates for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
• Facilitates Learning: Fosters a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students; facilitates formal and informal learning for patient/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community.
• Aligns Practice with Safety and Quality: Accountable for safety, identifies and corrects problems, and integrates evidence, and best practice into nursing care; uses data and evidence to improve patient outcomes. Aligns patient safety, self-safety and environmental safety as equally important for best outcomes.
• Engages in Professional Development: Engages in ongoing professional development; practices to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards. Promotes a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
• Leads in the Practice Setting & Community: Leads and coordinates teams, appropriately delegates, coordinates care and collaborates with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge. Models professional behaviors as a representative of the nursing profession.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire.
All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
Licensed as Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
Current Basic Life Support Certification (BLS)
Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification (ACLS)
National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) 30 days upon hire
12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing upon hire.
About the Cherry Hill Campus
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity. On July 1, 2000, the 385-bed tertiary-care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish health-care system.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
Our Mission is to improve the health and well-being of each person we serve.
Our Vision is Health for a Better World.
Swedish is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); emergency rooms and specialty center in Redmond (East King County) and the Mill Creek area in Everett; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of more than 128 primary care and specialty care locations throughout the greater Puget Sound area. Swedish employs nearly 13,000 caregivers (all employees), including nearly 1,400 providers. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Critical Care Nursing
Work Locations: Cherry Hill James Tower (WA197) 550 17th Ave Seattle, 98122
Req ID: 356351